In May I attended the Gluten Free and Allergen Friendly Expo in Atlanta, GA. One of my favorite gluten-free products that I tried at the Expo was Brazi Bites Brazilian Cheese Bread. When Brazi Bites reached out to me to work with them on a product review, I knew that I wanted to develop a recipe featuring their cheddar and parmesan cheese bites. The amazing crust for my gluten-free taco pie is made with the Brazi Bites!
Disclosure: Mama Knows Gluten Free received the products mentioned above for free. Regardless, we only recommend products or services we use personally and believe will be good for our readers.
We have Taco Tuesday in our house every week (yes we are HUGE Lego Movie Fans), so this new recipe was a big hit with my family. I love this simple, but flavorful recipe because it is truly customizable and can be made in 30 minutes.The Brazi Bites make a perfect crust for the ground beef and cheese filling! Don’t worry my friend, this crust is super easy to make.
Being gluten-free I make my own taco meat seasoning. It’s so much healthier not having any extra additives (like MSG). It also contains no nightshades, so it’s perfect for those on the AIP diet. I bet you already have the spices in your pantry.
If you have never had Brazi Bites you are so missing out! Brazi Bites are cheese bread snacks in the form of balls. Brazi Bites are gluten-free, soy-free, sugar-free and are made with all natural ingredients. They come frozen, in a resealable package, with 18 pieces, ready to bake for your convenience.
After 20 minutes in the oven, you have a crispy on the outside, fluffy on the inside, ball of cheesy bread perfection. They are a perfect accompaniment to any dinner or just as a tasty snack. I dare you to try and not eat the whole bag at once!
Brazi Bites come in four different flavors including Cheddar and Parmesan, Garlic Asiago, Zesty Pepper Jack and 3 Cheese Pizza. I was able to find them at my local grocery store, but I also know that they are carried by Costco and Whole Foods. You can use the store finder on their website and can even order them online.
Check out the video to see just how incredibly easy my gluten-free taco pie is to make!
★Did you make this recipe? Please give it a star rating below!★
Gluten-Free Taco Pie Featuring Brazi Bites
- 1 pound of ground beef
- 2 tablespoons of cumin
- 1 tablespoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 teaspoons of oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 oz can of black olives optional
- cooking spray I like olive oil cooking spray
- 1 cup of shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 bag of Cheddar and Parmesan Brazi Bites 18 pieces
- Your favorite taco fixings. Mine are lettuce, tomatoes, cilantro and avocados.
- Before you cook your meat, take the Brazi Bites out of the freezer to thaw and become soft.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Add all of the seasonings to a small bowl and stir to combine.
- Spray a large pan with cooking spray, add the ground beef and cook over medium heat.
- As the beef is cooking add the taco seasoning blend to the meat and stir until fully combined.
- Add black olives to the meat. (optional)
- Dain the beef once it is fully cooked.
- Spray a 9 inch glass pie pan with cooking spray.
- On a piece of parchment paper, knead the Brazi Bites together until they form a large dough ball.
- Press the Brazi Bites dough ball into the glass pie pan, pressing all the way up the sides to form a pie crust.
- Lightly poke holes in the bottom of the crust with a fork.
- Add beef mixture to glass pie pan.
- Add cheese on top of the beef mixture.
- Bake for 15 minutes. Please watch your taco pie because all ovens are different. The sides of the crust will be light golden brown when it is done.
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool for 5 minutes before serving.
- Top with your favorite taco fixings.
Mama Says "Check all of your labels!"
Check out the video for my Gluten-Free Taco Pie.