Egg cups are super easy to make and you can customize them by adding your favorite omelet style fillings. The addition of a tater tot crust packs a big breakfast taste into a muffin sized cup.
- 8 eggs, whisked
- 2 tablespoons of milk (dairy or non-dairy)
- 36 tater-tots (I like Ore-Ida tater tots)
- cooking spray
- fillings (cheese, bacon, veggies)
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Place tater tots on a dish and microwave for 1-2 minutes to defrost and soften.
- Spray regular size muffin pan with cooking spray.
- Place 3 tater tots in each muffin tin.
- Press down and smash the tater tots to make a crust and salt.
- Bake for 10 munites.
- Lower oven temperature to 350 degrees.
- In a large measuring cup or small bowl whisk eggs.
- Add milk to the eggs and salt to your liking.
- Once the tater tots are done, remove them from the oven and sprinkle your fillings on top of the tater tots.
- Pour egg mixture on top of the fillings.
- Bake for 20 minutes.
- Allow to cool a little before removing them from the muffin pan. (I use a spoon)
Mama says, “Check all of your labels!”
Can be made up ahead of time and kept in the fridge or freezer. Reheat in the microwave.