My easy and super moist Paleo chocolate fudge cupcakes will satisfy your chocolate cake cravings. Made with simple and healthy ingredients. Gluten-free, dairy-free, grain-free and no refined sugar. Yes, even the glorious chocolate fudge frosting!
- 1/2 cups of almond flour
- 1 1/2 cup of coconut flour
- 1 teaspoon of baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon of salt (I like Pink Himalayan Salt)
- 1 teaspoon of ground cinnamon
- 1 cup of coconut oil (melted)
- 1 cup of cocoa powder
- 1 cup of water
- 1 tablespoon of pure vanilla extract
- 3 eggs
- 3/4 cup honey
- 1 cup of no sugar added applesauce
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees.
- Combine flours, baking soda, salt and cinnamon in a large mixing bowl.
- In a small pan melt the coconut oil. Add the cocoa powder and water and stir until all the ingredients are combined.
- Pour the hot oil mixture into the dry mixture and mix together on low speed, either with a stand-up mixer or hand mixer.
- Add the eggs, applesauce and honey to the batter and mix until fully combined.
- Add the batter to lined cupcake pans. The batter will be thick and sticky. Fill the cupcake cups all the way to the top. If you are not using baking cups, spray cupcake pans with cooking spray.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes. Watch the cupcakes, because all ovens are different. Place a toothpick in the center of a cupcake to see if it fully cooked.
- Cool completely before frosting.
- Store in an airtight container. (These are even better the second day!)
- Add the all of the ingredients into a food processor or blender. Blend until completely smooth.
- Chill the frosting in the fridge until ready to use.
- If you are going to pipe the frosting on the cupcakes (like I did) put the frosting in the piping bag and place in the freezer so it can firm up a bit.
- If you are not piping the frosting, frost the cupcakes as you eat them. Place remaining frosting in the refrigerator.