Gluten-Free Breakfast Cookies
A quick, easy and delicious way to start your day. A one bowl recipe with bananas, gluten-free oatmeal, honey, peanut butter, and chocolate chips
Prep Time 10 minutes
Cook Time 15 minutes
Total Time 25 minutes
Servings 24 cookies
- 3 cups of gluten-free oats (I like Bob's Red Mill Gluten-Free Quick Oats)
- 3/4 teaspoon of salt
- 1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon of pure vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup peanut butter , almond butter or cashew butter (nut-free use sunflower butter *SunButter brand or soy butter *Don't Go Nuts brand)
- 1/4 cup of honey
- 2 bananas mashed , you can substitute 1 cup of applesauce
- 1/2 cup of raisins , dried cherries or dried cranberries
- 1/2 cup of mini chocolate chips (I like Enjoy Life Foods for dairy-free)
Preheat the oven to 325°F.
Start by mashing the bananas in a large bowl.
Add the peanut butter and honey, stirring to combine.
Add the pure vanilla extract, cinnamon, and salt to the mixture and stir.
Add the chocolate chips and dried cherries and stir.
Finally, add the gluten-free oatmeal. Mix all ingredients together.
Drop heaping spoonfuls onto greased cookie sheet and flatten tops slightly (cookies will not rise or spread when they bake. I shape the dough into a round and flat cookie shape.)
Bake at 325 degrees for 15-16 minutes or until lightly browned.
Cool and store in airtight container or freeze in freezer bag.
Makes 24 cookies. Enjoy!
Serving: 1cookie | Calories: 115kcal | Carbohydrates: 15g | Protein: 3g | Fat: 5g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Sodium: 113mg | Potassium: 132mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 7g | Vitamin A: 15IU | Vitamin C: 1mg | Calcium: 15mg | Iron: 0.6mg