Gluten-Free Chocolate Peanut Butter Brownie Cake
Creamy peanut butter, mini chocolate chips, and homemade fudge frosting transforms a boxed cake and brownie mix to a show-stopping dessert.
Prep Time 10 minutes
Cook Time 20 minutes
Total Time 30 minutes
- 1 box of gluten-free yellow cake mix I like Pillsbury gluten-free
- 1 box of gluten-free brownie mix I like Pillsbury gluten-free or Krusteaz gluten-free
- 1/4 cup of gluten-free creamy peanut butter
- 1 cup of gluten-free mini chocolate chips If you are a super fan of peanut butter, use the chocolate and peanut butter chips mix.
- ½ cup butter 1 stick
- ½ cup cocoa powder I use Hershey's
- 3 cups powdered sugar
- 3 tablespoons milk
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- pinch of salt
- mini peanut butter cups frozen (Optional. I like Reece's Peanut Butter Cups)
To Make this Cake:
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
Place mini peanut butter cups into the freezer.
Grease a 9 x 13 pan with cooking spray.
Prepare brownie batter according to the direction on the box.
Pour batter into the 9 X 13 pan.
Bake at 350 degrees for 12-15 minutes, or until the brownie batter is set and starting to crust slightly and pull away from the sides of the pan.
While brownie is baking, prepare the yellow cake according to directions on the box. Add peanut butter and chocolate chips to the batter and stir to combine the ingredients.
After 12-15 minutes in the oven, carefully remove brownies.
Pour the cake batter over the brownies and return to the oven to bake for 34 minutes.
Check if the cake is done by inserting a toothpick in the center.
Using a medium glass bowl, melt the stick of butter in the microwave.
Whisk in cocoa powder and pure vanilla extract.
Add powdered sugar and milk alternately, beating with a hand mixer or whisk until creamy
Once the cake is cooled, pour frosting over the cake. (You can refrigerate to speed up the process.)
Chop frozen peanut butter cups on top of the cake. (optional)
Mama says "Check all of your labels!"
Serving: 1slice | Calories: 303kcal | Carbohydrates: 43g | Protein: 2g | Fat: 14g | Saturated Fat: 7g | Cholesterol: 22mg | Sodium: 105mg | Potassium: 94mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 39g | Vitamin A: 275IU | Vitamin C: 0.1mg | Calcium: 31mg | Iron: 0.8mg