Gluten-Free Christmas Sugar Blossom Cookies (Dairy-Free Option)
Gluten-Free Christmas Sugar Blossom Cookies. A holiday twist to the traditional blossom cookie. Where sugar cookies collide with Hershey Kisses.
Prep Time 10 minutes
Total Time 22 minutes
- 1/2 cup vegetable shortening
- 3/4 cups granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup brown sugar , packed
- 1 tablespoon milk dairy-free use your favorite non-dairy milk. I like cashew, coconut or almond milk.
- 2 large eggs room temperature
- 1 tablespoon pure vanilla extract
- 2 cups gluten-free all-purpose flour I like Pillsbury Gluten Free
- 1/2 teaspoon xanthan gum leave out if your flour has it already
- 3/4 teaspoons baking soda
- 3/4 teaspoons cream of tartar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- gluten-free sprinkles
- Hersey Kisses I used candy cane-which is very minty, so if you are not a candy cane fan please use your favorite gluten-free flavor. For dairy-free use your favorite dairy-free chocolate
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
Combine shortening, granulated sugar and brown sugar in large bowl; beat at medium speed until well blended. Add milk. Beat in eggs, one at a time. Add vanilla.
Combine flour, baking soda, cream of tartar and salt in a separate large bowl. Mix into shortening mixture until well blended.
Scoop 1 tablespoon of dough and roll into a ball. (I used a cookie scoop.)
Roll cookie dough ball in the sprinkles and place onto a parchment-lined baking sheet.
Bake for 12-14 minutes. (Please watch your cookies because every oven is different.)
As soon as you bring the cookies out of the oven place the Hersey Kisses in the center of each cookie.
Allow to cool completely or the Hersey Kisses will flatten.
Store in an airtight container.
- I like Pillsbury gluten-free flour. Not all gluten-free flours are created equal. You may experience different baking results depending on the gluten-free flour blend you choose.
- Hershey Kisses are not dairy-free, so you could use your favorite dairy-free chocolate. My family likes Enjoy Life Foods Mini Chips and Chunks.
- Store in an air-tight container.
- Mama says, "Check all of your labels!"
Serving: 1g | Calories: 83kcal | Carbohydrates: 11g | Protein: 1g | Fat: 3g | Cholesterol: 10mg | Sodium: 68mg | Potassium: 17mg | Sugar: 6g | Vitamin A: 15IU | Calcium: 8mg | Iron: 0.3mg