Gluten-Free Sausage Balls
A twist on the original Southern recipe for sausage balls is now gluten-free. Perfect for breakfast, holidays or your next party.
Prep Time 10 minutes
Cook Time 26 minutes
Total Time 36 minutes
- 3 cups gluten-free Bisquick If you don't have gluten-free Bisquick see the recipe notes to make your own.
- 4 cups shredded cheddar cheese dairy-free use Daiya cheddar style shreads
- 1 cup grated parmesan cheese dairy-free do not use
- 2 packages of the 16oz gluten-free sausage rolls I like Jenny O Turkey sausage rolls
- 1 1/2 cups milk dairy-free use almond, cashew or coconut milk
- 2 tablespoons sage
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- 1/2 cup brown sugar optional, leave out if you are not a fan of maple flavored sausage
Heat oven to 350 degrees.
Spray two cookie sheets with cooking spray or line with parchment paper.
In a large bowl mix the gluten-free Bisquick, spices, cheeses and brown sugar together with a spoon.
Add the milk and stir until fully combined.
Add the sausage and mix with your hands and make small 1" balls. You can use a rounded tablespoon to make your balls. (See the recipe video.)
Bake for 22 to 26 minutes until golden brown.
Leftovers can be refrigerated or frozen.
If you do not have the gluten-free Bisquick, you can make your own with this recipe.
Store in an air-tight container.
Mama says, "Always check your labels!"
Serving: 2balls | Calories: 53kcal | Carbohydrates: 3g | Protein: 2g | Fat: 3g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 8mg | Sodium: 110mg | Potassium: 26mg | Sugar: 1g | Vitamin A: 105IU | Calcium: 59mg | Iron: 0.2mg