Do you miss cinnamon rolls and cinnamon buns since going gluten-free? Now you don’t have to! This gluten-free cinnamon roll cake has both the texture and the taste of a gooey cinnamon roll. Cinnamon rolls are not just for breakfast anymore!
I was looking for gluten-free cinnamon roll and cinnamon buns recipes online and they seemed so labor intensive. This busy mama of four does not have time for that! So when I found this recipe for cinnamon roll cake on Chef In Training‘s blog I was so excited.
The cinnamon cake was easily modified to be gluten-free. A lot of gluten-free cooking is finding ways to modify your favorite recipes to be gluten-free.
Gluten-Free Roll Cinnamon Cake
Gluten-free cinnamon rolls can be hard to recreate. With this gluten-free cinnamon roll cake recipe, you get all of the flavors of cinnamon rolls and cinnamon buns without all of the work!
This is not your average cinnamon cake. It has both the texture and the taste of a gooey cinnamon roll. Seriously this is one of my favorite gluten-free cakes! Cinnamon rolls are not just for breakfast anymore. Enjoy!Print
Gluten-Free Cinnamon Roll Cake
Do you miss cinnamon rolls since going gluten-free? Now you don’t have to! This cinnamon roll cake has both the texture and the taste of a gooey cinnamon roll. Cinnamon rolls are not just for breakfast anymore.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 35-40 minutes
- Total Time: 50 minutes
- *3 cups gluten-free flour (I like Gluten Free Mama’s Almond Flour Blend or Pillsbury gluten-free. Not all gluten-free flours are created equal. You may experience different baking results depending on the gluten-free flour blend you choose.)
- 1 1/2 teaspoons xanthan gum (leave out if your flour already contains it. )
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup sugar
- 4 teaspoons gluten-free baking powder
- 1 1/2 cups milk (For dairy-free I like cashew milk, almond milk or coconut milk.)
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup butter, melted (For dairy-free I like Earth Ballance.)
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons gluten-free flour
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 5 tablespoons milk (dairy-free use cashew, almond or coconut milk)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Spray a 9×13 glass baking pan with cooking spray.
- In a large bowl add the gluten-free flour, xanthan gum (leave out if your flour already has it), salt, sugar, baking powder, milk, eggs, and vanilla and mix until fully combined.
- Once combined stir in the melted butter.
- The cake batter will be very thick and sticky. Pour into the prepared 9×13 baking pan.
- In a large bowl, cream butter, brown sugar, gluten-free flour and cinnamon together with a mixer.
- Drop heaping tablespoonfuls of the butter mixture into the cake batter.
- Use a knife to swirl the butter mixture through the cake.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 35-40 minutes. Use a toothpick to check and see if the center is done.
- In a medium bowl, whisk the powdered sugar, milk and pure vanilla extract together.
- Pour over the warm cake.
*Not all gluten-free flours are created equal. You may experience different baking results depending on the gluten-free flour blend you choose.
Recipe adapted from Cinnamon Roll Cake by Chef In Training.
Mama says “Check all of your labels!”