Easy gluten-free Blueberry Banana Muffin recipe. The only gluten-free blueberry banana muffin recipe you’ll ever need; a one bowl wonder! No mixer required for these super moist muffins. Dairy-free and no refined sugar option.
We eat a lot of bananas in my home, but there is always a few that get a little too ripe for my kid’s liking. So what’s a mama to do? I make gluten-free banana blueberry muffins. A one bowl wonder that is super easy, you don’t even need a mixer. You can quickly whip up these super moist gluten-free blueberry banana muffins with just a fork and a spoon. Really, it’s that easy!
The only gluten-free blueberry banana muffin recipe you’ll ever need; a one bowl wonder! No mixer required for these super moist muffins. Dairy-free and no refined sugar option.
- 2 to 3 very ripe bananas, mashed
- 1/3 cup melted butter (or 1/3 melted coconut oil for dairy-free option)
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 1/2 cups of gluten-free flour (I like Pillsbury gluten-free flour)
- 1/4 teaspoon of xanthan gum (leave out if your flour already has it in it)
- Pinch of salt
- 1/2 cup sugar (or 1/2 cup of pure maple syrup for no refined sugar option)
- 1/2 teaspoon of cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon of lemon peel (optional)
- 2 large egg, beaten
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1/2-1 cup fresh or frozen blueberries (add as much or as little as you like)
- Preheat the oven to 350°F (175°C)
- Use baking cup liners or cooking spray for the muffin tin.
- In a mixing bowl, mash the ripe bananas with a fork until completely smooth.
- Add the baking soda and stir to combine with the mashed bananas. Allow to sit for 1 to 2 minutes.
- Stir the melted butter (or melted coconut oil for dairy-free) into the mashed bananas.
- Stir in the sugar (or pure maple syrup), salt, beaten egg, and vanilla extract.
- Mix in the gluten-free flour and xanthan gum (leave out if your flour already has it).
- Gently stir in blueberries.
- Pour the batter into baking cups lined/cooking sprayed muffin tin.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes at 350 degrees, or until a tester inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Allow to cool.