BLT sandwiches are one of my favorite flavor combinations. That’s why I decided to create a gluten-free bacon, tomato and cheese macaroni salad. This super easy gluten-free macaroni salad is perfect for potlucks, backyard barbecues, or as an everyday meal!
I adore macaroni salad. I prefer it to be creamy, but light, with a sweet and tangy dressing. The dressing is made with real mayonnaise, white vinegar, yellow mustard, sugar, salt, and onion powder. The tasty addition of bacon, tomatoes and cheddar cheese perfectly complement the sweet and tangy dressing.
Gluten-free pasta can be tricky. I have tried a lot of different brands of gluten-free pasta and based on flavor and texture my favorite brand of gluten-free pasta is Barilla. I always salt my water, at least a tablespoon for 1 pound of pasta in 4 quarts (16 cups) water.
Also, add a teaspoon of olive oil to the water to keep the pasta from sticking together. Make sure to add the salt, olive oil and pasta to the water once it has come to a rolling boil. It is very important that you cook the pasta al dente to the box’s directions. I always rinse my pasta with cold water after draining it to keep it from cooking longer and getting mushy.
You can see how easy this gluten-free bacon, tomato and cheese macaroni salad is to make in the video below!
Do you love pasta salad as much as I do? Check out my recipe for my gluten-free Creamy Italian Pasta Salad.
Gluten-Free Bacon, Tomato & Cheese Macaroni Salad
- 12 oz of gluten-free macaroni noodles I like Barilla gluten-free.
- 1 cup of bacon cooked and chopped (I like Jenny-O turkey bacon.)
- 1 cup of grape tomatoes quartered
- 1 cup of shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 tablespoon of salt for pasta water I cook with pink Himalayan salt
- 1 teaspoon of olive oil for pasta water
- 1 cup of mayonnaise I am a Hellman's girl.
- 2 tablespoons of white vinegar
- 1 tablespoon of yellow mustard
- 2/3 cup of sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons of salt
- 1/2 teaspoon of black pepper
- 1 teaspoon of onion powder
- Bring water to a rolling boil. Add salt, olive oil and pasta to the water and cook to box directions for al dente.
- After draining the pasta, rinse pasta with cold water.
- Add pasta to a large bowl.
- Chop bacon and cook until desired crispiness.
- Cut grape tomatoes into quarters.
- In a small bowl, add all of the dressing ingredients and stir until fully combined.
- Add the dressing to pasta and stir until fully coated.
- Add bacon, tomatoes and cheddar cheese to the pasta and stir until fully combined.
- You can serve immediately or refrigerate for later. (It’s even better the second day!)