Gluten-Free and Dairy-Free Breakfast Cookies. A quick, easy and delicious way to start your day. A one bowl recipe with bananas, gluten-free oatmeal, honey, peanut butter, and chocolate chips. A great grab and go breakfast your whole family will love!
Breakfast is one of my favorite meals of the day. Going gluten-free definitely, changes your options for breakfast.
When I saw a recipe for breakfast cookies on Money Saving Mom’s website, I knew I had to try them. I tweaked the recipe just a little to make them gluten-free and to suit my family’s tastes. We tend to like things on the sweeter side.
Gluten-free breakfast cookies are a super easy and delicious way to start your family’s day. Not only is it very easy, but I am sure you have all the ingredients already in your kitchen.
This is a one bowl recipe with bananas, gluten-free oatmeal, honey, peanut butter, chocolate chips, dried cherries (or raisins), pure vanilla extract, salt and ground cinnamon.
These gluten-free breakfast cookies are a great way to use ripe bananas. Also if you don’t have enough bananas for the recipe, you could always substitute one cup of applesauce.
These cookies do not take much time to whip up and they cook for only 15 minutes.
These are a great grab and go breakfast that can be made up ahead of time. They also freeze well, but with my family, these gluten-free breakfast cookies don’t last a full day.
In our house, these aren’t just breakfast cookies, they are all day cookies.
When we travel, I often make the gluten-free breakfast cookies and take them with me. It’s an easy way to make sure I don’t get “glutened” on the road.
These gluten-free breakfast cookies are loved by my whole family
Are you looking for other ways to use your ripe bananas?
Gluten-Free Breakfast Cookies
- 3 cups of gluten-free oats (I like Bob's Red Mill Gluten-Free Quick Oats)
- 3/4 teaspoon of salt
- 1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon of pure vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup peanut butter , almond butter or cashew butter (nut-free use sunflower butter *SunButter brand or soy butter *Don't Go Nuts brand)
- 1/4 cup of honey
- 2 bananas mashed , you can substitute 1 cup of applesauce
- 1/2 cup of raisins , dried cherries or dried cranberries
- 1/2 cup of mini chocolate chips (I like Enjoy Life Foods for dairy-free)
- Preheat the oven to 325°F.
- Start by mashing the bananas in a large bowl.
- Add the peanut butter and honey, stirring to combine.
- Add the pure vanilla extract, cinnamon, and salt to the mixture and stir.
- Add the chocolate chips and dried cherries and stir.
- Finally, add the gluten-free oatmeal. Mix all ingredients together.
- Drop heaping spoonfuls onto greased cookie sheet and flatten tops slightly (cookies will not rise or spread when they bake. I shape the dough into a round and flat cookie shape.)
- Bake at 325 degrees for 15-16 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Cool and store in airtight container or freeze in freezer bag.
- Makes 24 cookies. Enjoy!