Gluten-Free Pumpkin Breakfast cookies are a quick, easy and delicious way to start your day. A one bowl recipe with pumpkin, gluten-free oatmeal, honey, peanut butter, and chocolate chips. These gluten-free breakfast cookies are naturally dairy-free.
It’s the season for everything pumpkin spice! That includes this newest version of my recipe for gluten-free breakfast cookies. I have been making gluten-free breakfast cookies for my kids for years. It’s one of their favorite breakfast treats.
Gluten-free breakfast cookies are a super easy and delicious way to start your family’s day. This is a one bowl recipe with pumpkin, gluten-free oatmeal, honey, peanut butter, chocolate chips (or raisins), pure vanilla extract, salt, pumpkin pie spice and ground cinnamon.
These gluten-free pumpkin breakfast cookies do not take much time to whip up and they cook for only 15 minutes. They also freeze well, but with my family, these gluten-free pumpkin breakfast cookies don’t last a full day.
In our house, these aren’t just breakfast cookies, they are all day cookies. When we travel, I often make the gluten-free breakfast cookies and take them with me.
It’s an easy way to make sure I don’t get “glutened” on the road. These pumpkin gluten-free breakfast cookies are loved by my whole family!
I know you will also enjoy my original Gluten-Free Breakfast Cookies made with ripe bananas.
Gluten-Free Pumpkin Breakfast Cookies
- 3 cups of gluten-free oats I like Bob’s Red Mill Gluten-Free Quick Oats
- ¾ teaspoon of salt
- 1 tablespoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon of pure vanilla extract
- ¾ cup peanut butter
- ½ cup of honey
- 1 cup canned pumpkin not pumpkin pie filling
- ½ cup of gluten-free mini chocolate chips or raisins I like Enjoy Life for dairy-free
- Preheat the oven to 325°F.
- In a large bowl add the pumpkin, peanut butter and honey, stirring to combine.
- Add the pure vanilla extract, cinnamon, pumpkin pie spice and salt to the mixture and stir.
- Add the chocolate chips and stir.
- Finally, add the gluten-free oatmeal. Mix all ingredients together.
- Drop heaping spoonfuls onto greased cookie sheet and flatten tops slightly (cookies will not rise or spread when they bake. I shape the dough into a round and flat cookie shape.)
- Bake at 325 degrees for 15-20 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Cool and store in airtight container or freeze in freezer bag.
- Makes 24 cookies. Enjoy!