Gluten-Free Chocolate Kiss Cookies are a twist to the traditional blossom cookie. Where decadent chocolate cookies, rolled in sprinkles, collide with Hershey Kisses. A perfect treat for Valentines Day.
Gluten-Free Chocolate Kiss Cookies
My kids love it when I bake, especially something chocolate. This year for our annual Christmas cookie decorating party we made gluten-free Christmas Sugar Blossom Cookies. They had so much fun making them with their friends, especially rolling them in all of the different sprinkles.
I thought what a better way to celebrate my love for my kids and Valentine’s Day but to make a chocolate version of one of their favorite cookies, sprinkles and all.
Cookies for Kid’s Cancer
This is the second year for the Valentine’s Day event for Cookies for Kid’s Cancer! I have teamed up with a group of my food blogger friends to share Valentine’s Day inspired recipes to help raise funds for pediatric cancer. We want to make a difference in the fight against pediatric cancer!
One of my love languages is baking so I was really blessed that I could help raise awareness of pediatric cancer and help raise funds for Cookies for Kids’ Cancer by sharing a Valentine’s Day recipe with you. This recipe for Gluten-Free Chocolate Kiss Cookies is inspired by my children.
My heart is my children and I could not think of a more worthy cause to help support than pediatric cancer treatment research and awareness.
Thanks to many of you, we have already reached our goal of $3000, but you can still donate and help us make an even bigger difference!
Below the recipe is a list of the amazing bloggers that are participating in this event for Cookies for Kids’ Cancer. There are even a few more gluten-free recipes, so keep an eye out for them.
Just a note: I’m not receiving any money from sponsors or anyone for this event. All money raised is going to directly to Cookies for Kids’ Cancer, a nonprofit organization. CK4C is a 501(3)(c) charity and your donation is tax deductible.
★Did you make this recipe? Please give it a star rating below!★
Gluten-Free Chocolate Kiss Cookies & Cookies for Kids' Cancer
- 1 cup all-purpose gluten-free flour I like Pillsbury gluten-free
- 1/4 teaspoon xanthan gum leave out if your flour already has it
- 1/2 cup cocoa powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter softened
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup brown sugar packed
- 1 egg yolk at room temperature
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1 tablespoon pure vanilla extract
- gluten-free sprinkles optional
- 26 Hershey’s Kisses unwrapped
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Line baking sheets with parchment paper.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the gluten-free flour, xanthan gum (leave out if your flour already has it), cocoa powder, and salt.
- In a large bowl cream the butter on medium-high speed until smooth, about 1 minute. Add the sugar and brown sugar and beat until creamed, about 2 minutes.
- Add the egg yolk, milk, and pure vanilla extract, and beat on high speed until fully combined, scraping down the sides of the bowl if needed.
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and mix until fully combined.
- Pour the gluten-free sprinkles into a small bowl.
- Scoop 1 tablespoon of dough and roll into a ball. (I used a cookie scoop.)
- Roll cookie dough ball in the sprinkles and place onto a parchment-lined baking sheet.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes. (Please watch your cookies because every oven is different.)
- As soon as you bring the cookies out of the oven place the unwrapped Hersey Kisses in the center of each cookie.
- Allow to cool completely or the Hersey Kisses will flatten.
- Store in an airtight container.
Cookies For Kids Cancer event sponsored by The Little Kitchen
Yellow Heart-Shaped Rainbow Funfetti Cookies from Julie of The Little Kitchen
Peanut Butter Cookie Cake from Julie of Julie Blanner
Cherry Coconut Macaroons from Miranda of Cookie Dough and Oven Mitt
Brownie Cookies from Mel of Mel’s Kitchen Cafe
No-Bake Chocolate Candy Cookies from Debi of Life Currents
Double Dark Chocolate Chery Black Forest Cookies from Jamie of Southern Revivals
White Chocolate Valentine Madeleine Cookies from Marlynn of Urban Bliss Life
Pillowy Soft Sugar Cookies from Stephie of Stephie Cooks
Steak with Pink Peppercorn Sauce from Sonja of Ginger & Toasted Sesame
Creamy Beet Risotto from Rachel of Copper & Verdigris
Red Velvet Donuts from Gwynn of Swirls of Flavor
S’mores Brown Butter Panbanging Cookies from Marybeth of babysavers
Gluten-Free Chocolate Kiss Cookies from Audrey of Mama Knows Gluten Free
Gluten-Free Red Velvet Crinkle Cookies from Brianna of Flippin’ Delicious
Rose Meringue Cookies from Kirsten of Comfortably Domestic
Raspberry Chipotle Chicken Curry from Shashi of Savory Spin
Double Chocolate Meringue Cookies from Dee of Meatloaf and Melodrama
White Chocolate Raspberry Smoothie from Sarah of Sarah Cooks the Books
Cream Wafer Cookies from Kelly of Live Laugh Rowe
White Chocolate and Raspberry Cookies from Wanda of My Sweet Zepol
Raspberry Fudge Cookies from Jessica of A Kitchen Addiction
Raspberry Cookies from Courtney of Know Your Produce
Syltkakor Raspberry Jam Cookies from Megan of Stetted
No-Bake Chocolate Tart from Rachel of Rachel Cooks
Heart-Shaped Chocolate Chip Cookies from Angela of About a Mom
Mexican Hot Chocolate Cookies from Lisa of TasteCookSip
Chai Latte Shortbread Hearts from Sue of It’s Okay to Eat the Cupcake
Soft and Sweet Sugar Cookie Bars from Carlee of Cooking With Carlee
Strawberry and Cream Cookies from Ashley of A Cup of Charming
Cherry Cream Cheese Cookies from Lisa of Blogghetti
Galete Waffle Cookies from Shaina of Food for My Family
Almond Shortbread Cookies from Denise of addicted 2 recipes
Easy Strawberry Fudge from Chrysa of Thrifty Jinxy
Valentine’s Day Mug Hug Cookies from Aimee of Southern From Scratch
Doughnut Sandwich Cookies from Bree of Baked Bree
Chocolate Nutella Cookies from Melissa of Modern Honey
Easy Crinkle Cookies from Amy of The Nifty Foodie
Chocolate Sugar Cookies from Becca of The Salted Cookie
Peanut Butter Sandwich Cookies from Sara of Confectionary Tales
Meringue Cookies from Sara of My Imperfect Kitchen
Rose White Hot Chocolate from Susannah of Feast + West
Gluten Free Lavendar Shortbread Cookies from Carolann of Apron Warrior
Fruit Filled Chocolate Waffle Cones from Nicole of For the Love of Food
Chocolate and Vanilla Sweetheart Cookies from Sheila of Life, Love, and Good Food
Raspberry Chocolate Thumbprint Cookies from Nancy of The Bitter Side of Sweet
Chai Spiced Snickerdoodle Cookies from Ashley of Big Flavors from a Tiny Kitchen
Heart Happy Valentine Cookie Chocolate Cheesecake from TammyJo of The Chocolate Cult
Persian rice cookies from Caroline of Caroline’s Cooking
Chocolate Dipped Espresso Shortbread Cookies from Julianne of Beyond Frosting
Fudgy Chocolate Sixlets Cookies from Barbara of Barbara Bakes
Bake Chocolate Donuts with Cherry Glaze from Deb of Taste & Tell