Grain-free never tasted better! These easy and super moist Paleo carrot cake muffins will satisfy your carrot cake cravings. Made with simple and healthy ingredients. Gluten-free, dairy-free, grain-free and no refined sugar.
My husband and I are trying to follow a Paleo diet to see if it will help improve some of our health issues. Paleo simply means gluten-free, grain-free, dairy-free and no refined sugar. So, I have been experimenting with more Paleo recipes.
My husband ADORES carrot cake; so much so, that it was the flavor of our wedding cake. So, I knew I wanted to create a Paleo version of his favorite gluten-free carrot cake.
Paleo grain-free baking is different than gluten-free baking, especially the texture. The texture of almond flour is much denser than baking with rice flour. Even though it’s different from your traditional gluten-free baking, it’s a tasty different.
I love how moist these Paleo carrot cake muffins turned out. They are deliciously spiced with a perfect balance of sweet carrots and raisins, pecans, and the light, delicate flavor of coconut.
I promise if you close your eyes while eating these muffins you would swear that you were eating carrot cake!
These muffins are not just for breakfast but are just sweet enough to be served as a gluten-free dessert. I hope you enjoy them as much as my family does!
Also, check out my other Paleo muffin recipes.
- Paleo Banana Blueberry Muffins
- Paleo Chocolate Muffins
- Paleo Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Muffins
- Paleo Chocolate Chip Pecan Pie Muffins
Paleo Carrot Cake Muffins (Gluten-Free, Dairy-Free, No Refined Sugar)
- 2 cups almond flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon gluten-free baking powder
- 1/4 cup honey
- 3 eggs room temperature
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon peel
- 1/4 nutmeg
- 1/2 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1 cup shredded carrot 1 large carrot
- 1/2 cup unsweetened shredded coconut
- 1/4 cup raisins
- 1/4 cup chopped pecans
- Additional chopped pecans and coconut for topping optional
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large bowl add the wet ingredients first (eggs, applesauce, pure vanilla extract, and honey) then add the dry ingredients (almond flour, baking soda, cinnamon, nutmeg, lemon peel). Mix until fully combined.
- Add shredded carrots, coconut, pecans, and raisins to almond flour mixture and stir until fully combined.
- Scoop batter into a lined muffin pan. The batter will be thick. (I like to use an ice cream scoop.)
- Top muffins with chopped pecans and coconut. (optional)
- Bake for 23-26 minutes. Please watch your oven because all ovens are different.
- Remove and check centers with a toothpick to see if they are done.
- Allow to cool before serving.
- Store in an airtight container.
Mama says, "Check all of your labels!"