Paleo pesto turkey meatballs are so tender and juicy. They are bursting with flavor from the homemade dairy-free basil pesto sauce. Gluten-free and dairy-free.
Our family is trying to eat more Paleo meals. Paleo means gluten-free, grain-free, dairy-free and no refined sugars. We eat a lot of ground turkey in my house, so I am always trying new and creative ways to fix it for dinner.
We are trying to eat more grain-free, so I wanted to create a Paleo turkey meatball recipe that I knew my family will love. I wanted to create an Italian style turkey meatball but with a twist.
Dairy-Free Basil Pesto Sauce
My husband, our youngest son, and I are also dairy-free, so I wanted to create a Pesto sauce that did not include cheese. I substituted cashews for the Parmesan cheese that you find in traditional pesto sauce.
The cashews mimic the flavor and texture of the Parmesan cheese beautifully. Paleo pesto sauce is a mixture of fresh basil, minced garlic, cashews, lemon juice and olive oil.
The Paleo pesto turkey meatballs are so tender and juicy. They are bursting with flavor from the homemade dairy-free basil pesto sauce. Serve over zucchini noodles (zoodles) or with your favorite side dish. These Paleo pesto turkey meatballs would also be a perfect appetizer served at your next party.
Looking for other Paleo dinner recipes? Check out these gluten-free dinner recipes.
- Crispy Chicken Thighs One Pan Meal
- Slow-Cooker Savory Pot Roast with Gravy
- Easy Beef Stew
- Honey Lemon Ginger Chicken
- Gluten-Free Tumeric Coconut Chicken Curry
Paleo pesto turkey meatballs are so tender and juicy. They are bursting with flavor from the homemade dairy-free basil pesto sauce. Super easy to make in less than 40 minutes.
- 3 pounds ground turkey
- 2 eggs, whisked
- 2/3 cup almond flour
- 2 tablespoons of onion powder
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 10 oz of fresh basil leaves or 4 tablespoons of dried basil
- 2 tablespoons minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup cashews
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- In a food processor chop fresh basil. If using dried basil add to the food processor when you add the cashews.
- Add cashews to the food and chop until fully combined with basil.
- Add minced garlic, salt, lemon juice and olive oil to the cashew mixture and chop until fully combined.
- In a large bowl whisk eggs.
- Add ground turkey, almond flour, onion powder and pesto sauce. Mix together with a large spoon or your hand until fully combined.
- Line two baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Using a medium cookie scoop ( 1 1/2 teaspoon) or a heaping tablespoon scoop meatball mixture out to form a ball and place on the baking sheet.
- Cook for 30 minutes.
Mama says, “Check your labels!”