Slow-Cooker Pot Roast with Gravy is an easy way to make a hearty meal that everyone will love. Gluten-free, Paleo, Auto-Immune Protocol Diet and Whole30.
Easy Slow Cooker Recipe
I’m a busy mama of four and I cook three meals a day for my family. On Saturdays, I try and make sure that I utilize my slow-cooker for Saturday night dinners. Saturday is my day of rest, and that way I can enjoy my day and not have to worry about cooking dinner. One of my family’s favorite slow-cooker meals that I make is Savory Pot Roast with gravy.
Savory Pot Roast Tips
The key to a great and tender pot roast is not only the cut of meat you buy but the pot roast seasoning you add to the slow-cooker. The right amount of seasoning and liquid makes for a tender and savory roast and vegetables.
My savory pot roast seasoning blend along with gluten-free beef broth made cooked along with the roast and vegetables makes the perfect broth to make savory gravy.
Gluten-free gravy is not complicated to make, and the addition of gravy takes the pot roast to the next level.
It does not get any easier than my gluten-free slow-cooker savory pot roast with gravy. Make sure that you put your roast on at lunchtime so that it will be done by dinnertime.
Using a slow-cooker is an easy way to cook a hearty meal that everyone will love. I promise that you will love how tender and flavorful your roast will turn out.
- Naturally gluten-free and dairy-free
- Paleo, Whole30 and Auto Immune Protocol Diet
Looking for more tasty and healthy meals that are AIP, Paleo or Whole30? Check out these gluten-free dinner recipes.
- Crispy Chicken Thighs One Pan Meal
- Paleo Pesto Turkey Meatballs
- Easy Beef Stew
- Honey Lemon Ginger Chicken
- Grilled Chicken Chimichurri Salad
Slow-Cooker Savory Pot Roast with Gravy is an easy way to make a hearty meal that everyone will love.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon onion powder
- 1 tablespoon sage
- 1 tablespoon thyme
- 1 teaspoon of salt
- 1 teaspoon rosemary
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon of apple cider vinegar
- 1 cup gluten-free beef broth
- beef pot roast
- carrots, celery, and sweet potatoes/white potatoes (if AIP use only sweet potatoes)
- liquid from cooked pot roast
- 1 tablespoon of cornstarch (2 tablespoons of tapioca starch or arrowroot for Paleo and Whole30)
- 1 tablespoon of gluten-free flour (omit for Paleo and Whole30)
*Depending on what stage you are in with the reintroduction of the AIP diet you may not be able to eat the gravy.
- Add 1 tablespoon of olive oil into the slow-cooker.
- Salt beef roast and add to slow-cooker.
- Add chopped carrots, chopped celery and peeled and chopped sweet potatoes/white potatoes to slow-cooker.
- In a large glass measuring cup add all of the seasonings and apple cider vinegar to the beef broth and stir to combine.
- Pour beef broth mixture over the vegetables and meat.
- Cook on high for 4 to 5 hours until vegetables and meat are tender.
- Carefully pour the liquid from the slow-cooker into a small pan.
- Add the cornstarch and gluten-free flour to the liquid and whisk over a medium heat until fully combined.
- Bring to a slight boil, stirring until thickened.
- Pour over pot roast.
Mama says, “Always check your labels!”