Slow-Cooker Pot Roast with Gravy is an easy way to make a hearty meal that everyone will love. Gluten-free, Paleo, Auto-Immune Protocol Diet and Whole30.
Easy Slow Cooker Recipe
I’m a busy mama of four and I cook three meals a day for my family. On Saturdays, I try and make sure that I utilize my slow-cooker for Saturday night dinners. Saturday is my day of rest, and that way I can enjoy my day and not have to worry about cooking dinner. One of my family’s favorite slow-cooker meals that I make is Savory Pot Roast with gravy.
Savory Pot Roast Tips
The key to a great and tender pot roast is not only the cut of meat you buy but the pot roast seasoning you add to the slow-cooker. The right amount of seasoning and liquid makes for a tender and savory roast and vegetables.
My savory pot roast seasoning blend along with gluten-free beef broth made cooked along with the roast and vegetables makes the perfect broth to make savory gravy.
Gluten-free gravy is not complicated to make, and the addition of gravy takes the pot roast to the next level.
It does not get any easier than my gluten-free slow-cooker savory pot roast with gravy. Make sure that you put your roast on at lunchtime so that it will be done by dinnertime.
Using a slow-cooker is an easy way to cook a hearty meal that everyone will love. I promise that you will love how tender and flavorful your roast will turn out.
- Naturally gluten-free and dairy-free
- Paleo, Whole30 and Auto Immune Protocol Diet
Looking for more tasty and healthy meals that are AIP, Paleo or Whole30? Check out these gluten-free dinner recipes.
- Crispy Chicken Thighs One Pan Meal
- Paleo Pesto Turkey Meatballs
- Easy Beef Stew
- Honey Lemon Ginger Chicken
- Grilled Chicken Chimichurri Salad
Slow-Cooker Savory Pot Roast with Gravy
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon onion powder
- 1 tablespoon sage
- 1 tablespoon thyme
- 1 teaspoon of salt
- 1 teaspoon rosemary
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon of apple cider vinegar
- 1 cup gluten-free beef broth
- beef pot roast
- carrots celery, and sweet potatoes/white potatoes (if AIP use only sweet potatoes)
- liquid from cooked pot roast
- 1 tablespoon of cornstarch 2 tablespoons of tapioca starch or arrowroot for Paleo and Whole30
- 1 tablespoon of gluten-free flour omit for Paleo and Whole30
- *Depending on what stage you are in with the reintroduction of the AIP diet you may not be able to eat the gravy.
Add 1 tablespoon of olive oil into the slow-cooker.
Salt beef roast and add to slow-cooker.
Add chopped carrots, chopped celery and peeled and chopped sweet potatoes/white potatoes to slow-cooker.
In a large glass measuring cup add all of the seasonings and apple cider vinegar to the beef broth and stir to combine.
Pour beef broth mixture over the vegetables and meat.
Cook on high for 4 to 5 hours until vegetables and meat are tender.
Carefully pour the liquid from the slow-cooker into a small pan.
Add the cornstarch and gluten-free flour to the liquid and whisk over a medium heat until fully combined.
Bring to a slight boil, stirring until thickened.
Pour over pot roast.
Mama says, "Always check your labels!"