Dinner doesn’t get any easier than this! This gluten-free 7-Can soup recipe is full of all the flavors you love from your favorite Mexican meals.
I absolutely love Pioneer Woman! One of her recipes that I knew would be easy to modify to be gluten-free is her 7-Can Soup recipe. The first thing I had to change in the recipe was the Rotel because my family doesn’t do spicy. That was an easy fix, I just added more petite chopped tomatoes. So, I guess my version is technically a “6 can soup” because I buy the 28 oz can of petite tomatoes.
This soup is SO crazy easy and super flavorful. If your family likes Mexican food they will love this soup! This is one of my daughter’s favorite meals. It cooks up super fast and you can add your favorite toppings such as crushed corn chips, sour cream, avocado, and fresh cilantro. I also serve it with sweet cornbread muffins made with Krusteaz gluten-free cornbread mix.
What You Need For 7-Can Soup
This recipe calls for canned chili, beans, corn, tomatoes, and Velveeta cheese. I personally buy Hormel Chili (Chunky with Beans), Bush’s Beans (kidney, black, and pinto), Hunt’s Petite Diced Tomatoes, Del Monte sweet corn, and Velveeta cheese shreds (makes it so much easier than cutting up the cheese). Make sure you check all the labels of your cans to make sure they are gluten-free.
I know that this version of 7-Can soup will become a family favorite of yours!
Recipe adapted from Pioneer Woman’s 7-Can Soup .
★Did you make this recipe? Please give it a star rating below!★
Gluten-Free 7 Can Soup
- 1 can of Meat Chili (I like Hormel)
- 1 can 15-ounce kidney beans (I like Bush's Beans)
- 1 can 15 Ounce pinto beans ((I like Bush's Beans))
- 1 can 15 Oz. Size black beans ( (I like Bush's Beans))
- 1 can 28-ounce diced tomatoes
- 1 can 15-ounce corn
- 1 bag of Velveeta shreds (equivalent to 2 cups)
- Do not drain any of the cans. Empty the corn, chili, kidney beans, pinto beans, black beans, and tomatoes into a large pot over high heat.
- Bring to a boil, reduce the heat and simmer for 10 to 15 minutes to bring all the flavors together.
- Add cheese and stir until melted completely.
- Serve while hot. make sure to add your favorite toppings. Enjoy!