Easy Gluten-Free Beef and Cheese Enchiladas. You are going to love how easy these gluten-free beef and cheese enchiladas are to make! Made with homemade taco seasoning and mild red enchilada sauce.
Every week we have Taco Tuesday night (yes we are HUGE Lego Movie fans).
I try and mix it up and have a few different ways we eat Mexican meals. My husband’s favorite Mexican meal at home is gluten-free beef and cheese enchiladas.
Enchiladas are a perfect way to eat Mexican gluten-free. The baking of the meat and cheese filled corn tortillas really remind us of the softness of flour tortillas.
Homemade Gluten-Free Taco Seasoning
Being gluten-free I make my own taco meat seasoning. It’s so much healthier not having any extra additives (like MSG). I bet you already have the spices in your pantry.
Gluten-Free Red Enchilada Sauce
I also use a premade mild red enchilada sauce. Truthfully I have never tried to make my own.
A technique I learned while living in New Mexico was to dip the corn tortilla in the enchilada sauce before you add the filling. Doing this step helps the corn tortilla stay moist and not crack when rolling.
These gluten-free beef enchiladas are baked in a 9 x 13 glass pan for 25 minutes.
Super easy, super yummy!
These gluten-free beef and cheese enchiladas will spice up your next Mexican food night.
More Gluten-Free Mexican Food Recipes To Try!
Gluten-Free Beef and Cheese Enchiladas
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 tablespoon cumin
- 2 teasspoons onion powder
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 teaspoon oregano
- 2 teaspoon paprika
- ½ teaspoon salt
- gluten-free corn tortillas
- cheddar cheese
- 28 oz can of gluten-free red enchilada sauce
- Heat oven to 375 degrees.
- Spray a large pan with gluten-free cooking spray.
- Add your ground beef to the pan.
- Add the seasonings to a small bowl and stir to combine.
- Pour seasoning blend onto the ground beef and stir to fully coat the beef.
- Cook meat until browned and drain oil if necessary.
- Pour ½ cup of the enchilada sauce in a dish large enough to dip the tortilla (add more as needed). If your tortillas have been in the refrigerator or are stiff, put them on a plate and cover them with a damp paper towel and microwave for 30 seconds.
- Spray 9 x 13 glass pan with gluten-free cooking spray.
- Pour enough enchilada sauce to cover the bottom of the baking pan.
- Dip the corn tortilla into the enchilada sauce (cover both sides) and fill with beef and cheese. Roll and place the tortilla seam side down. Repeat until your pan is full.
- Pour remaining enchilada sauce over the tortillas.
- Place in oven to bake for 25 minutes.
- Remove from oven and sprinkle cheddar cheese over the top. Allow cheese to melt before serving.
- Serve with your favorite toppings like sour cream, avocado, guacamole, lettuce, and cilantro.